Design an new user experience through prototyping a new home electrical appliance.
[DTFa-1] 4/08 (mon) 13:20-16:35
- Module 1: Introduction to Design Thinking
- Create team’s channel on slack, and get used to the slack.
[DTFa-2] 4/15 (mon) 13:20-16:35
- Module 2: User Research
Individually, do design researches:
- User Research (interview): 3+ people
- Observation (taking photos + descrription): 3+ places
- Analogous Inspiration: 1+ analogies
Put them together as a PDF file and share the link in
[DTFa-3] 4/22 (mon) 13:20-16:35
- Module 3: POV + Opportunity Areas
Individually, do the following steps for your design challenge and summarize in a on-page PDF file.
- Additional User Research (interview) optional
- POV (need and insight): 2 or more
Post the link to
[DTFa-4] 5/09 (thu) 13:20-16:35
- Module 4: Ideation + Concept Development
Individually, run through the whole process.
- Read other’s report and/or do more your own research
- make/choose your POV(s)
- make/choose your HMW(s)
Summarize in a on-page PDF file and post the link to
[DTFa-5] 5/13 (mon) 13:20-16:35
- Module 6: Storytelling
- Your group’s current best POV, HMWQ, Product Sketch, and Storyboard.
- Please use the EDP worksheets, which are available here: https://edp.esd.titech.ac.jp/resources/toolkit/
- Please upload your group’s worksheets in PDF file to a google drive and submit the link to
[DTFa-6] 5/20 (mon) 13:20-16:35
- Module 5: Prototype
- As an individual, refine your concept according to the today’s feedback. Then, make a prototype by yourself!
- Complete the EDP concept sheets (POV, HMW, Product sketch, Storyboard) and upload them together with the photo of your prototypeto slack
- you can find them: https://edp.esd.titech.ac.jp/resources/toolkit/
[DTFa-7] 5/27 (mon) 13:20-16:35
- Preparation for the Final Presentation
[DTFa-8] 6/3 (mon) 13:20-16:35
- Module 7: Final Presentation
- [As a team] Please submit the presentation slide to
- [As an individual] Please answer the questions in the Google Form.